WDIY Receives 2020 Grant Award from Rider-Pool Foundation for HealthBEAT
The Rider-Pool Foundation has awarded WDIY a grant to fund the production and broadcast of the monthly public affairs program HealthBEAT. The grant was one of 11 awards announced last week as part of The Foundation's 2020 grant awards.
In the announcement, the trustees of the Allentown-based Foundation said their 2020 grant awards were focused on a long-term approach to assist the health and well-being of Allentown residents.
HealthBEAT, which launched on WDIY in October 2020, centers its discussion on the social determinants of health including physical activities, access to nutritious food, and social interaction. The program is hosted by WDIY's Greg Capogna and the Rider-Pool Foundation's Edward Meehan.
The Foundation's grant award will fund the production and broadcast of HealthBEAT throughout 2021, helping to cover such costs as studio rent, utilities, and maintenance of broadcast equipment. HealthBEAT airs on WDIY on the final Monday of each month between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. with podcasts available for listening anytime on wdiy.org.
The full list of grant receipients and their programs is below:
Cradle to Career Education Pipeline
- Community Services for Children - Remote Teaching for Early Childhood Development
- National Museum of Industrial History - S.T.E.M. Learning Opportunities for Low-Income and Underserved Public School Student Populations
- Building 21 - Climate and Culture/Family and Neighborhood Engagement
Safe, Healthy Housing
- Ripple Community, Inc. - Exploring Host Home and other Housing Support for Displaced Residents
- Promise Neighborhoods of the Lehigh Valley - Pivot of COVID-19 Community Engagement to Other Social Determinant
- Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank - Client Choice Food Pantry
- WDIY - HealthBEAT, Social Determinants of Health Show and Podcast
- Dorothy Rider Pool Health Care Trust - Collective Impact Fellowship, Cohort 7
- Valley Health Partners - Expanding Community Engagement to Improve Community Well-Being
More information on the grant awards is available at the Rider-Pool Foundation's website.